11 Comments

1. Brent Galloway
    July 12, 2012

Designing a clothing brand has to be one of the hardest things to successfully pull-off. If your logo isn’t versatile, unique, or represent your brand enough, then you’re setup for failure from the start. A lot of great info and tips here. Thanks for the great article, Ray! It was a fun read! :)

2. Mr Dreamer
    July 16, 2012

Great tips!Though so much easier theory than in practice! A logo is like the clothes you wear your haircut!

Ray
      July 16, 2012

Definitely. Hitting that sweet spot, so that it works with everything is incredibly difficult.

3. mirz
    July 19, 2012

I’ve been designing since I was sixteen, and drawing as long as I can remember – I’m now 22. About six to eight months ago I became incredibly frustrated with myself, and for the most part, stopped designing or drawing. I found your tumblr and this blog, really digging the work and words of wisdom dude. A lot of respect for what you’re working on, and the fact that you’re sharing with the community your tips and advice. What I really enjoy about your articles is that it applies to people of all walks of life in the design world, anyone can learn a lot. Having come across this, I think I’m going to get back to work on what I’ve dreamt up during my hiatus. Really loving your work dude, it’s original and dope.

Cheers.

Ray
      July 19, 2012

Damn dude, that really means a lot. I’m actually the same age as you, so it’s cool that I could have such an impact.

Just never stop drawing and designing. As long as you keep doing something, you’ll always grow and get better. Good luck with all your endeavors!

4. Colby
    July 28, 2012

Dood you are a baller. Love your ideals behind your work. Very inspiring stuff here for all, and super straight forward. Me being a designer myself have found your post useful, and insightful. Love your work and keep this shit up. Thanks

5. TC Reynolds
    August 14, 2012

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOME ADVISE BRO. I’d like to attend FIT, PARSON OR S.C.A.D. For Industrial Design/Product Design & Fashion Design. I’d like to work for Nike & Ralp Lauren. So then I’d be aware of the ends and out for my clothing line.

• TC Reynolds
      August 14, 2012

What is #KickStarter?

6. Alexander S. Samson
    September 9, 2012

I just wanted to thank Ray for all this free, useful & helpful knowledge & advice. For me ( young designer which has started his brand only 2 months ago) this is extremely important, especially with our lack of business experience due to our young age ( im 18 and my associate is 17). The hardest thing for me is to make a transition from creating for fun to making it into a business.

Very helpful Ray,

Alexander S. Samson
    Sugarity Apparel

7. Jen
    September 20, 2012

Love the advice man! You’ve inspired to get back to work on my logo after recently settling for just okay. It needs more work!

Keep up the inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Jen